Voghera

Duomo di Voghera 
Voghera is a town of Lombardy, Italy, in the province of Pavia. It is located 30 km south-southwest of that city, on the Staffora,a tributary of the river Po.
The neighbourhood produces much silk, in which, as well as in corn and wine, an active trade is carried on.
Known in ancient times as Iria, it took its name from the river on which it was situated. It was on the road from Piacenza to Dertona, and was made a colony by Augustus (colonia Forum Iulium Iriensium). In the 1st century CE it was destroyed by the Rugi, and it is next mentioned as Viqueria in the 10th century. After several lordships, it was acquired by the House of Savoy in 1743 with the Concordat of Worms. Five years later it became provincial capital and received the city status.
...continue on wikipedia